There have recently been several home burglaries in the 1800 and 1900 blocks of Park Beach Drive. It appears entry is being attempted most frequently on the waterfront sides of the homes. The Harford County Sheriff's office deputies have been patrolling our area more frequently due to this increased criminal activity.
Here are some tips to make sure your house is secure:
- Keep ladders, garbage cans, tools, etc locked up so you don't provide an intruder with the means to break into your home.
- Trim shrubs and trees so they don't provide hiding places for intruders.
- Keep all points of entry to your home well lit. Install sensor lights on the rear and sides of your home and position them in out of reach places so they can't easily be turned off by anyone.
- Tell a friend or a trusted neighbor if you are going out of town. Give them a set of keys so they can check on your home once in a while.
- Use curtains or blinds over any windows or doors that are easy to see into.
- Install good locks and always use them. Lock your house doors and your car doors.
- Set lights on timers or light sensors to turn on and off in the evening. A TV or radio can also be set on a timer.
- Leave a car in your driveway, or ask a neighbor to park there.